eCommerce Sectors That Are Booming In India
The Indian eCommerce industry has definitely observed a skyrocketing boom and will definitely continue in the near future. Online shopping has definitely given a platform for people to exhibit their creativity and talent. To create your own eCommerce website has also become very easy – thanks to the rising eCommerce Software Company in India who have brought about all solutions of online store under one roof. Not only this, but online shopping has also paved way in the rural and semi-rural India.
With this growth, let’s have a quick look at the famous sectors that are popular in India.
- Clothing: No matter what, but clothing is definitely the most popular sector throughout India! It’s not about India alone, but clothing is famous all over the globe. There has been a rapid growth in this sector and thanks to social media, they have got an extra platform to showcase. It has been a source of income for many home makers wherein they sell their products not only via online store but also via Facebook store.
- Electronics: After clothing, it has to be electronics because it is as popular as clothing. Every other day, people buy mobile phones, tablets, laptops, and all other household electronics online. Speaking about mobile phones, the Indian market has given space to mobiles from China too, thus becoming more global. Not only this, bigwigs like Flipkart, Snapdeal come up with huge electronic sales that has boosted the market upward.
- Books: Believe it or not, but books too, play a vital role in the eCommerce sectors. Several times, we go to bookstores and face disappointment when our book is unavailable. Moreover, the book stall owners also have no idea that when they will be receiving the next stock. Hence, consumers are becoming more alert and choosing online over offline stores. If not in stock, you can immediately inform and place orders accordingly. You also get alerts when your book is available and this all has made this sector immensely popular.
- Groceries: Bigwigs like Nature’s basket, Grofers, Big Basket have made this sector extremely popular. No one prefers going in the stinky alleys for buying vegetables and carry huge baskets and so online grocery stores are becoming popular day by day.
- Movie tickets: Who wants to stand in scorching heat to buy movie tickets for their favourite movie? Bookmyshow has made it easy as your tickets are a click away. The best part is you get a choice for your seating arrangement too, making it extremely comfortable.
- Food takeaways/food delivery: Not in a mood to go out, then ordering online is one of the most comfortable option. Zomato has made this task easy as it lists all restaurants along with reviews and menu. A user just has to go to the app and can order online which is why takeaways and deliveries have now become famous.
Apart from these, there are several sectors that are either shaping up or are already in the running race like jewellery, furniture, baby products, stationary, gift articles, etc. India is becoming the biggest leader in the internet world and definitely eCommerce is contributing immensely towards it!